If ones only source of conservative content is Fox News, One America News Network or many online sites, one would conclude it's a White ideology, with a short list of Black folks making appearances or serving as regular contributors. As with liberalism, by virtue of this being a (shrinking) majority White country, that accounts for the predominant pigmentation of conservatism. However, Black America has its own conservative traditions, independent of strains practiced by mainstream ones. We have religious conservatives whose fundamentalism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam is as old school as any observed by ethnicities popularly considered representative of those faiths. Our business and professional class, regardless of how they vote, are intensely conservative and not given to anything remotely considered "radical" or worse, "militant." Voting twice for Obama is about as risky as they get. Ironically, even Black nationalists, often considered separatists, ...
Cold Hearted Conservatism on Capitol Hill. When I see Republican US Senators making an average of nearly $4000 monthly balk at continuing a measly $600 unemployment enhancement to good Americans left workless by a government mandated shutdown, I'm repulsed by their cold hearted conservatism. This stands in stark contrast to warm hearted conservatism myself and others practice. I'm not one of the GOP elite. Donors and national media don't have me on speed dial. What I am is a traditionalist who preserves one tradition, helping others, above all else. God called me years ago to buy hamburgers and gift cards to feed the homeless in my area. Were I a cold hearted conservative I would have ignored them all around me or worse, yelled, "Get a job!" But I'm not one. My heart and mind will never accept seeing people hungry in America. Clearly not the case among the lavishly housed on Capitol Hill. Cold hearted conservatism on Capitol Hill is not only morally wrong and ...
I don't think every Black person needs to be a Republican. The community needs Democrats fighting for effective public safety and other non liberal policy in that party too. Georgia Democrat Vernon Jones is such a Democrat. He's made headlines and haters among elite liberals for his vocal support of Donald Trump, the Republican incumbent. He even was one of the speakers for the first night of the 2020 Republican National Convention. Conservative Democrats are part of a broad bipartisan coalition of Americans deeply concerned about the direction of our country. My only suggestion to Mr. Jones and others is to refrain from accusing Black Democrats of being on a plantation. This is a very harsh phrase for one Black person to ever use against another. Instead, attack the elite liberal plantation master mindset!!! They've gentrified their way into the good graces of our community. Point out how they today, like ones of old, are always around us. Highlight how they really see th...
Comments
Post a Comment