When I Say, Support Black Business, I'm not Being Racist.


When I Say, Support Black Business, I'm not Being Racist.


I hear Individualism purists brows loudly wrinkling. Some snap, "Huh? What if I said, 'Support White Business?' You'd saying I was being racist!!!"


Actually, I'd say Black people already support White owned businesses, to the yearly tune of billions of dollars. Clearly we're not racist with our money.


When I say, Support Black business, it's not encouraging economic discrimination. Quite the contrary, it's promoting ideological decolonization. Elite liberals want Black people thinking we can't create anything for ourselves and must rely on "concerned" colonizers for leadership, goods and services.


As a boy I had several Black owned convenience stores, a dry cleaner, barber shop, beauty salon, electronic repair shop, insurance company, gas station and more  within walking distance. I caught the tail end of a (soon shuttered) separate Jim Crow economy my parents and grandparents were forced to patronize before desegregation.


A few streets over lived Black doctors and lawyers. Unlike today, there was a full selection of service providers and achievement examples to enrich my sense of possibility.


Urban young people today often have service providers from everywhere except their community.  Paradoxically, Black owned businesses are the exception, not the rule. It can lead to a diminished sense of possibility and unhealthy dependency- traits elite liberals encourage in Black people.


When I say, Support Black Business, I'm not being anti White, it's being pro autonomy, the same autonomy everyone else practices around the colony some want Black America to be.


Cap Black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's Obama? Brief Video

Vernon Jones: Standard Bearer for Conservative Black Democrats.