Joe Biden: Good Guy for the Bad Old Days.






I grew up in a Southeast Georgia town whose major export was White Democrats with real malice, not misunderstanding, toward Black people. This isn't an endorsement for the current GOP, because some of these racists went from merely voting Republican in national elections and became Republicans themselves. They asked their sainted Democrat forefathers for forgiveness but felt their party was too, um, mixed up, if you know what I mean.

When I hear presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden make the latest in a lifetime of anti Black comments, I always say, he sounds just like racist Democrats from my youth.

He IS one of the racist Democrats from my youth, as a Generation Xer! Biden ingratiated himself with some of the greatest segregationists to pollute the US Senate. I came of age to a background beat of contemptuous White Democrats who felt they could demean us with impunity. His recent
comments about Black voters lacking the ideological diversity of Latinos is yet another prime example.

Joe Biden is a good guy for the bad old days, days when elite White Democrats thinly tolerated Black people because we expanded their voting base but weren't shy about openly insulting us in return.

Seems those days are still here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's Obama? Brief Video

Vernon Jones: Standard Bearer for Conservative Black Democrats.

When I Say, Support Black Business, I'm not Being Racist.