My Little Strand of the National Fabric.


I'm an American. A Black one. Not against anybody because of appearance or lineage and with alot of folks possessing varied appearance and lineage- united by like minds. When looking at the red, white and blue of the flag, look closer and you'll see my little Black strand  strengthening the national fabric in its unique way.

My little strand is proud and productive, so much so that its pride and productivity weren't unraveled by outrageous injustice but is now frayed by internal combustion of violence, vagabond family structure and vulgarity from within our ranks. The quiet pride and productivity of my little strand of the national fabric is what I first seek to conserve and then collectively throughout the entire nation.

I'm an American. A Black one. But if I don't preserve the proud, productive strand which produced me then how can I care about strengthening the rest of the country?

I'm fighting for old school values which nurtured my community and country. It's obvious these philosophical fibers are fraying from within, from the Hood to the Heartland.

My little strand of the national fabric, like yours, can strengthen America if only we  improve how they're interwoven and interpreted. 

Now is no time to grow weary and weak.

Cap Black.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's Obama? Brief Video

Vernon Jones: Standard Bearer for Conservative Black Democrats.

When I Say, Support Black Business, I'm not Being Racist.