What can Obama say about Biden's You ain't Black!, crack?
He's checkmated unless he risks denouncing the comment, and possibly strengthening opposition, before also rallying offended troops back to vote for him.
If ones only source of conservative content is Fox News, One America News Network or many online sites, one would conclude it's a White ideology, with a short list of Black folks making appearances or serving as regular contributors. As with liberalism, by virtue of this being a (shrinking) majority White country, that accounts for the predominant pigmentation of conservatism. However, Black America has its own conservative traditions, independent of strains practiced by mainstream ones. We have religious conservatives whose fundamentalism in Christianity, Judaism and Islam is as old school as any observed by ethnicities popularly considered representative of those faiths. Our business and professional class, regardless of how they vote, are intensely conservative and not given to anything remotely considered "radical" or worse, "militant." Voting twice for Obama is about as risky as they get. Ironically, even Black nationalists, often considered separatists, ...
US Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) has been a lone mainstream conservative watchman on the wall of addressing police brutality, an area of government overreach usually associated with liberals or libertarian-Republicans like US Senator Rand Paul (R-KY). Beginning with his stonewalled " Walter Scott Notification Act, " the South Carolinian recently asked US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to let him lead the legislative response to George Floyd's murder, protests and rioting. Senator Scott shares his racial profiling experiences, from seven police stops while driving as a Congressman, being followed by store clerks, and numerous older incidents. These disclosures broke a taboo among our generation of Black conservatives, admitting racism continues to have a negative impact. He's ripped away a gag order that kept many Generation Xers quiet on the topic during their late 20th Century rise in Republican politics. I know from first-hand experience how speak...
Cold Hearted Conservatism on Capitol Hill. When I see Republican US Senators making an average of nearly $4000 monthly balk at continuing a measly $600 unemployment enhancement to good Americans left workless by a government mandated shutdown, I'm repulsed by their cold hearted conservatism. This stands in stark contrast to warm hearted conservatism myself and others practice. I'm not one of the GOP elite. Donors and national media don't have me on speed dial. What I am is a traditionalist who preserves one tradition, helping others, above all else. God called me years ago to buy hamburgers and gift cards to feed the homeless in my area. Were I a cold hearted conservative I would have ignored them all around me or worse, yelled, "Get a job!" But I'm not one. My heart and mind will never accept seeing people hungry in America. Clearly not the case among the lavishly housed on Capitol Hill. Cold hearted conservatism on Capitol Hill is not only morally wrong and ...
Comments
Post a Comment