Safety Coalition building in a Blue City


I type this post in New Orleans Louisiana, a blue, meaning Democratic, city with alot of crime and a COVID19 mega dose from which it's slowly recovering.

As the 2020 presidential election gains momentum, I'd like to pay tribute to area folks with whom I do my grassroots security consulting. I call them "liberals with sense" because we don't argue ideology, we work to create safety and share supply through my homeless outreach.

These folks are Bernie Sanders supporters, to the left of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, but they nonetheless find common cause with a rightist (personally conservative, coalition building) brother who agrees with them that they shouldn't be beaten in the streets and robbed- a tragically frequent occurance.

For nearly four years I've helped grassroots leftists in my community deal with rampant crime, slow police response and indifferent elite liberals in local elected office and other positions of influence.

We, street level left and pavement right, are an example of safety coalition building in a blue, meaning Democratic, city.

-Cap Black

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where's Obama? Brief Video

Vernon Jones: Standard Bearer for Conservative Black Democrats.

When I Say, Support Black Business, I'm not Being Racist.